
Chester LOVED to open presents. I think Christmas morning was one of his favorite days of the year as much for the unwrapping frenzy that lasted all morning as for the presents he got. He could always sniff out his bone or toy under the tree on Christmas, and once we gave him the "OK" to start, he would tear into it with a gusto. I don't know why, but I always wrapped his presents in tissue paper. I'm sure he hated it because, as you can see in the picture, it stuck to his mouth a lot. When his presents were opened...look out - he was coming to help you with yours whether you needed it or not. Sometimes he got a little carried away and started destroying boxes we really needed to keep or grabbing part of the gift that was inside of it, too.
Even though he loved to open presents, he was such a good dog; he would always wait for us to start opening first before "digging in." Afterwards, we liked to cover him with all of the wrapping paper while he chewed on his Christmas bone. He was usually too worn out from opening to protest much.

No comments:
Post a Comment