When I said goodbye to Chester I asked him to find a big lake in heaven for us to swim in together and I'd see him there one day. We would go camping every year around Labor Day up in Alabama. That was as close to heaven as it got for Chester because he LOVED swimming more than anything else in the world. As we would drive up the dirt road by the lake, Sonny would open the windows to the truck so Chester would know that we were getting close. He would smell the lake water and start to get very antsy. Then Sonny would open the car door when we got there and he would race down the hill through the woods and about 3 minutes later we'd hear the big splash and a lot of yelping (he yelped like a seal when he was in the water - we have no idea why. It was like he was so excited that he just yelped and that's the sound that came out). When he was younger he just couldn't get enough of jumping off of the dock. We started throwing tennis balls and sticks, but then we found out that a half-filled water bottle went further. I love to swim in a lake, too, so sometimes we'd just swim around together leisurely. Other times, like in this video I'm posting, we would have races to the water bottle. When he was younger, he'd give me a run for my money and often beat me. Later on he'd swim slower and I'd sometimes have to let him win. No doubt about it, Chester made the lake really fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment