One of my favorite Chester stories is from when he was very young, in other words, before children. He was very good about not begging when we were eating. This was before Seymour and Jeanette practically had him sitting at the table while they ate. Yvette and I had cooked two huge steaks on the grill and I had brought them into the kitchen. Yvette had cut hers in half and left half on the counter. We were eating in the back room for some reason, I think the TV was back there then. We had been eating for a couple minutes when Chester comes prancing around the corner into the back room with "his" half of the steak in his mouth just as proud as he could be that he had found his own dinner. Somewhat stunned, we didn't say anything for a couple of seconds and then Yvette screamed something rather unintelligible and Chester dropped the steak and ran. We just laughed.
No comments:
Post a Comment